Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Moveable Seat


For our July issue, which is just going to press, I had a long conversation with the effervescently thoughtful Mark Greiner, senior vice president and chief experience officer at Steelcase, which manufactures office furniture.

But having Steelcase on the brain doesn't account for my reaction to the new school desk that Steelcase and IDEO have just unveiled: the Node. (I saw if first on Fast Company's blog.) I can't help but think how much I would love to walk into a breakout and see a few dozen of these waiting. The chair swivels, the work surface adapts for lefties and righties, there's storage for your bag. And the whole thing is on wheels, for unlimited configuring and reconfiguring, into small groups or in a rectangle, conference-table style.

Is it just me, or do you want one, too?

No comments: